I am jumping up and down with joy right now for one reason… I just got nominated for the Liebster Award!! Big shoutout to murisopsis for the nomination! I’m so honored to be nominated by such an unbelievably talented blogger. Her blog’s tagline ‘A Different Perspective’ is the perfect description of the incredible poetry and everyday life incidents she relates in her posts. I would highly recommend checking her blog out!
The rules of the Award are as follows (not necessarily in this order):
- Link to the Global Aussie’s blog post about the Award in your Liebster Award blog post. Also comment on the Global Aussie’s blog post with a link directly to your own post about the Award.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- List the rules in your post.
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions presented to you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
What makes me passionate about blogging:
I used to write poetry on my laptop and just leave it sitting there in a corner of the desktop, occasionally revisiting my poems but usually just forgetting about most of them. My blog is my creative outlet where I can present my poems for the world to see, where I can get feedback on my poems and communicate with other people with similar interests. Creating this blog and seeing the generous feedback from the WordPress community of poets has actually made me even more passionate about poetry, and that is something I will always be thankful for.
10 random facts about me:
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle is my all-time favorite book, despite the fact that I read it when I had just turned 15.
- My Hogwarts house is Slytherin.
- My biggest fears are failure… and insects.
- I love travelling — I have been to 6 countries and 6 states in the USA.
- 13 Reasons Why is my favorite TV series.
- I love British accents and often fake an accent when I meet someone I do not know.
- Some of Gossip Girl’s quotes are mantras I live by. For instance:“Sometimes you have to venture outside your world in order to find yourself.” ~ Gossip Girl
- I strongly believe in the influence of one’s zodiac sign on their personality. I, myself, am Pisces, and I fit the ideal of the romantic dreamer quite perfectly.
- I think Lady Macbeth from Shakespeare’s play ‘Macbeth’ is the most bad-ass character in ancient literature.
- The Greatest Showman is my all-time favorite movie.
Answer the questions presented to you:
- What does your blogging name mean?
This is a fun one to answer. My blogging name is AnaCrazyFutureWriter: Ana is a short form of my name, Ananya. FutureWriter represents my wish to be a full-fledged writer later on, and the adjective Crazy shows that I want my stories and poems to be insanely profound and profoundly insane — All about the impossible and the unusual. Another significance of the Ana at the beginning as that it means ‘I’ in Arabic.
- How many people subscribe to your blog?
I currently have 57 followers. Huge shoutout to my followers — Love you guys!
- What is your favorite dessert?
Molten lava cake with vanilla ice cream for sure. The flavors meld together in perfect harmony… Mmm!
- What is your favorite word? Explain why.
As a writer, I love all words and do not discriminate XD. However, if I had to choose one word, I think I would go with ‘incredulous’. When I say it, my face just sort of automatically contorts into a disbelieving expression with a raised eyebrow. Plus, it sounds funny!
- Poetry – do you write or read or just skip it altogether?
Poetry is life! I love both writing and reading… My blog is all about my written poetry, and I enjoy reading Robert Frost’s poetry among others.
- If your life was made into a movie, what actor/actress would portray you?
Selena Gomez. I used to love her in Wizards of Waverly Place as a child, and since then I have seen her play so many different roles impeccably. I feel like she would be the ideal person to depict my personality.
- If you could change your name what would you change it to?
Ariana. This decision isn’t even based on any famous Ariana’s; I just love the ring the name has to it and I feel like it would fit me perfectly.
- Your house is on fire. You can save only one material possession. What will you save?
To be honest, there isn’t any material possession I am super attached to. If I had to save one though, I would go with my MacBook. I have so many amazing memories attached with it… Plus, it’s my writing instrument, so you can guess how important it is to me.
- If you could have any career (success is guaranteed), what would you want to do?
This is a question I constantly ponder and am extremely undecided about. I’m pretty sure that I want to major in Applied Math in university and minor in Computer Science, but as for a career, I honestly couldn’t say right now. However, I do know that I want to pursue a career that makes ground-breaking revelations in a field of Science or Math that changes the way we think about the universe.
- You can have any super power. What super power do you choose?
Control over the minds of humans. That sounds extremely diabolical (and it probably is), but I just mean the power to persuade people to do anything (within reason), and to read people’s minds whenever I choose to.
- Which would you choose – a trip to the moon, a tour of the ocean’s floor, an expedition into the center of the earth? Explain your choice.
A tour of the ocean’s floor. I have always been fascinated with water and oceans (I am a Pisces after all), and getting to see all of the beautiful sea animals and plants (with the assurance of not being harmed) would be incredible.
- Poetry from the Inkwell
- Smell The Coffee
- Robbie Yates
- A Haiku a Day
- Darkness of His Dreams
- When Almonds Blossom
- Just L Poetry
- About the Jez of It
- JUST JOAN 42
Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer:
- What is one feature of your Utopian vision of the world?
- What would you entitle the book about your life?
- If you could give one piece of advice to your teenage self, what would it be?
- Which TV series/book/movie is your guilty pleasure?
- What is one hilarious quote from a book, show, or movie that cracks you up every time?
- Which dystopian future would you want to be part of?
- Which underrated person, real or fictional, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?
- Which World Record would you want to break?
- What is one thing you thought was true as a child, but now know is most certainly not true?
- What is the least dignified way you’ve been injured?
- And finally, the question that just begs to be asked: Laurel or Yanny?
Alright nominees, I pass the torch on to you. Thanks for reading! ♥